today

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lost: 24 and a half pounds

If found
DO NOT RETURN!


Last week of Protocol ticker!
I gotta make my goal!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday for lunch I had:

French Onion soup





Makes two servings:
Put one in the fridge for another day.



Last night for dinner I had:
3.5 oz. of grilled halibut with a reduction sauce and roasted garlic "fauxtatoes"



Early in the day roast a head of garlic then refrigerate.



Marinate the fish in:
1 cup of water
4 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash
1 tablespoon Braggs
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Use 1/2 cup to marinade the fish:



and 1/2 cup in a small pan for your reduction sauce.
Bring it to a boil then reduce heat and let it high simmer, stirring and watching it.



Grill your fish:



The reduction sauce should look like this when done:



For the "Fauxtatoes:
1 head of cauliflower steamed or microwaved till VERY tender
Some "Butter Buds" of desired
and all of your roasted garlic
Steam (or microwave) cauliflower

Put steamed cauliflower in food processor and add garlic and "Butter Buds" if desired.
process till smooth. Warm in the microwave before serving.



Drizzle fish with reduction sauce and serve!



(The fish looks like pie! It was as good as pie too!)

Speaking of Pie...
For desert we had baked apple sauce...
But you can eat them chunky too like in a previous post.

2 apples (serves two)
1 package Truvia (or other allowed sweetener)
Cinnamon to taste or nutmeg or both
For chunky apples I peel them, for applesauce I leave the skin on.
Core slice and place in a baking dish with a little water, the cinnamon and Truvia.
Bake at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve chunky or put in the food processor and process till smooth.
A VERY good dessert!
When off protocol add a little
no sugar whipped cream.
(I'll post that recipe when I am off protocol. Stay tuned)





Process for applesauce:



Serve hot or cold!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sharr said...

Holy Halibut Batman... kidding ... this ALL looks delish. I can't wait to try some of it especially the fauxtatoes and the apple thing. I am fished out right now .
But next week I will try the fish thing :)

Kelleigh said...

Could you please post the recipe for the Bison Chili as well as the french onion soup? The presentations are beautiful and the food looks devine. Thank you for sharing and good luck!

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.