today

Friday, May 14, 2010

If you exceed 500 calories

I have a Clinic weigh in today!
Only 5 more day's on Protocol!
*I"ll update later*

Here is a great article written by Marianne Cooms from Green Valley Spa on what happens if you exceed 500 calories while taking the Hcg:
I got the article here.

Faulty Dieting

"Under the influence of hCG, the blood becomes saturated with calories from abnormal fat stores (approximately 1500-2000 calories/day). The blood volume adapts itself so that it can only accommodate an additional 500 calories/day. Caloric intake above 500 calories forces the body to increase its blood volume to sufficiently hold extra calories. The weight of what is eaten does not necessarily play a determining role — the amount of water which the body must retain to accommodate these calories does.

This can be illustrated by mentioning the case of salt. In order to hold one teaspoonful of salt, the body requires one liter of water — it cannot accommodate salt in any higher concentration. Thus, if a person eats one teaspoon of salt, weight will increase by more than two pounds while this salt is absorbed from the intestine.

Many patients on the hCG Protocol ask, “If eating only a few calories over the 500 calories causes me to gain weight during phase 2 of the diet, how can I maintain my lost weight when eating more calories in the maintenance phase?” It must be made clear that this only happens as long as they are receiving the hCG injections. When hCG is no longer present in the body, it can easily accommodate extra food without having to increase its volume."

I hope you enjoyed reading this article I thought it was interesting enough to post. I was never able to explain the reason to stay on a strict 500 calories.


2 comments:

Sharr said...

that is interesting and I never thought of that before I just wrote that I think I am not getting enough water. Tomorrow is a new day ... I am SO getting my gallon in tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Nice post and great information..!I never tried HCG but a lot says that HCG is really effective in losing weight!!I guess nothing is impossible if a person is really serious on his/her diets and work outs..!!


arizona weight loss

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.