today

Monday, December 29, 2008

What a VLCD (very low calorie diet) looks like:


For Dinner tonight I made "Right-on Protocol"
 Chili for Two. 
You can add a grissni (Bread stick) to that if desired. I'm not eating the bread sticks or melba toast this round. But Hubby is.

200g lean protein (I used Elk, you can use beef, veil or chicken)
1/2 yellow onion Chopped
1 TAB. Extra Virgin Coconut oil
1 can diced tomatoes (14oz)
2 or more cloves garlic
1/2 tea chipotle chili powder 
1/2 tea cumin
1/8th tea unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TAB chopped cilantro 
1 green onion (optional) for garnish

In heavy bottom sauce pan or skillet melt coconut oil, cook onion. Add garlic.
Then meat and all spices and brown slowly. I ground up the tomatoes just a tad, then add them to the meat. I taste then add more chili powder to taste. Cook for at least a 1/2 hour then add the cilantro and cook another 10 minutes. Add chopped green onion for garnish.

Bon appetite! 

  

1 comment:

The Raggedy Girl said...

That chili looks so good. I am on clear liquids right now and when I saw your chili I almost cried but maybe tomorrow I can whip some up. I love your red and yellow wall paper background, too sweet.
Roberta Anne

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.