today

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chicken Spinach Soup:


Weight loss update:
I lost another pound this morning... that's a total of 4 pounds in 7 days! I had a little pizza mishap on Football Sunday. That set me back a little but I am fully recovered today and back to watching that scale slide the correct way.... DOWN!

Last night I made Chicken Spinach soup for dinner:

Chicken Spinach Soup for Two
4 cups low sodium  organic chicken broth
1  organic chicken breast half
1/2 organic onion diced
2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
Herbamare (Organic season salt) or salt and pepper to taste

Gently boil chicken in broth and onion, till chicken breast is done. About 10 minutes.
Take out chicken breast and shred chicken with fork. Add back to broth and onion with Herbamare (Season salt) and the 2 cups of spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve with 1 breadstick if desired. 

*You don't have to be on a diet to make this heart healthy soup nor do you have to use all organic.


*Here is what the Herbamare looks like: You can purchase this at Sprouts or most health food stores.

1 comment:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Good for you to take care of yourself and to eat so healthy and it is a great time to work on it with the "food-a-thon" behind us. Just wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year.
Roberta Anne

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.