today

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Easy Healthy breakfast...

To start your busy day.

(Click photo to enlarge)

I don't very often buy processed/packaged foods but sometimes you just need a little help in the kitchen on busy days. So look for the most healthy helpers and go for it once in a while! 
I had a coupon to try this "Seeds of Change Seven Whole Grains rice" and hubby and I both loved it!

I grilled a Tri-Tip Steak, sliced a ripe red tomato and put this packet of Seven Whole Grains rice in a little cast iron skillet to warm it up. Its fully cooked! (You can warm it up in the microwave too, but I don't cook in the microwave)  It looked a little lonely so I quickly shredded a carrot into the skillet with the rice, then thought it needed some green so I julienned a handful of fresh spinach and tossed that in too. Heated it up adding 1/2 tablespoon of fresh butter to finish it off.
What a wonderful meal! I served hubby one cup and myself 1/2 cup and I had 1/2 cup left over.


So this morning, I popped it back into the skillet with 1/2 pat of butter and scrambled an egg. Quick, delicious and I'm ready for the day! 


Enjoy! 

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.