today

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day Two Recipes

Day two of the SummaTime Challenge!

Breakfast:
Mini Egg Muffins & Vegi juice cocktail

10 eggs mixed well with a few drops hot sauce and 2 tab water
1 green onion
2 handfuls of baby spinach chopped (If desired)
2 or three chopped green onions I (If desired)
2 pieces of Canadian bacon cubed
2 string cheeses grated
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Line the muffin pan with 24 cupcake papers, 2 in each cup.
Spray with cooking spray.
Or use one of those silicone muffin pans...
 I want one of those pans!
Fill each cup with some Canadian bacon, grated string cheese, spinach (of desired) and green onion (if desired.) OR any other veggie you like... use your imagination... mushrooms, grated zucchini, feta cheese, red or green sauteed peppers.
Then pour in evenly the egg mixture.
Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20 to 25 minutes till egg is set in the middle.
Serving size is 2, save the rest in the freezer of fridge for another breakfast. Great for my on the go friends!

Here is how I make the Veggi Juice Cocktail:


Lunch:
Turkey Roll Ups...


Spread 1 tablespoons of softened cream cheese on  2 pieces of deli turkey add spinach (Or dark green lettuce) and chopped tomato if desired. Iused spinach in one and red leaf lettuce in the other...
Roll tightly... refrigerate before slicing then slice into bite size pieces, or just eat em whole.















Serving size is 2 whole rolls but have more if you are hungry...
I serve these with a little Dijon Mustard for dipping and some crunchy radishes.
I eat these on the go too...

Dinner:
Bison or Beef Chili


1 lb of ground bison or lean ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 large can or 2 small cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes (if you can't find fire roasted use regular)
cumin to taste I use 1 tea.
Chili powder to taste I use 1 teaspoon
My secret ingredient: 1 tea. Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 can of pinto beans of desired.
Brown bison or beef... add onion and cook till tender... 
Add spices and cocoa powder and tomatoes to meat and onion. Add beans... 
Let simmer for at least 1/2 hour, I let it simmer longer... but after its all incorporated its ready to eat. Let it simmer, on low heat, as long as you like stirring often.
Sometimes I add fresh chopped cilantro at the very end if I have some...
You either love it or you don't.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.