today

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day One Recipes

Chile Relleno Omelet
&
6 0z Vegetable juice cocktail

One Anaheim, Slim Jim or poblano Chile Or a whole canned chili
2 eggs beaten with 2 Tab. milk
1 ounce chunk of string Cheese
1 ounce of Cheddar/Jack cheese, grated (or skip if you want less calories)

Fire Roast the Chile 
/ Skip this step of using canned whole fire roasted chili /
I let my granddaughter roast this one on a bamboo skewer, but most of the time when I do this I just put the chile right on the burner, or grill. I use tongs to keep it turning and burning. After the skin is burned and popping all over, I put the chile in a brown lunch bag and let it sit for a few minutes.

Then open the bag and gently remove the skin... 
It comes off easily at this point.
Make a slit and slip in the string cheese chunk
Pour the beaten eggs in a non stick skillet sprayed with a little Pam
and place the chile in the middle. Cook over Med. heat.

As soon as the eggs start to set start folding them over the Chile
At this point, lower heat, cover and let cook for about 2 or 3 minutes.
Then add the grated cheese and cover again till cheese is melted.
(Or skip this step for less calories)



LUNCH:
 While you are cooking breakfast...
put 1 to 4 semi frozen chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish...
add water and YOUR favorite seasoning.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or till done.


Move chicken to a plate and refrigerate till lunch.

I only did one because that is all I had left today... I"ll bake more later... They are so easy to do. I always have some on hand for a quick snack or salad topping.

 One chicken breast is a serving... if cooking for two, 1 chicken breast each.

When cool, shread chicken with two forks...

Add 2 tablespoons of LOW fat (not NON fat) Mayo or Mircle whip
 1 or 2 green onions
1 stalk chopped celery
1 TEA Dill
and shredded chicken to a bowl, stir well, chill.

 Do this the night before if you have to go to work...
Enjoy!



 DINNER:

Garlic Shrimp and a BIG salad!
Serving size is up to you... just don't pig out on shrimp.
Clean shrimp well... place on paper towels to dry.
cut up garlic, mince or chop or use already chopped in a jar.
In a shallow Skillet put 1/4 cup of water and sautee shrimp till pink and opaque. About 3 to 4 minutes.
At the very last minute... add 1 TABLESPOON of butter (yes I said butter) and the garlic and cook till garlic is tender and the butter has "finished" the shrimp.
"Finished" means the shrimp will look amazing...
You'll know!
(Do not cook the shrimp any longer than 5 minutes! Mine are lucky to get 4 minutes)



Serve with a big green salad with your choice of 2 tablespoons dressing. Homemade or store bought.




Choose from the meal plan menu for snacks today...

Enjoy! See you tomorrow!




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Valley of the Sun, Arizona, United States
I am so blessed to be able to spend lots of time with my beautiful grandchildren and family! Please visit my other blog http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/ to see what projects I am up to.